Gedling has 7 community centres situated across the borough in Arnold, Mapperley and Carlton. Each centre has a wide selection of activities in a relaxed and friendly environment.
You can also hire any of the community centres if you need somewhere to celebrate a wedding anniversary or just to 'mark the occasion'. The facilities include spacious halls, fully equipped kitchens, ample free parking and are accessible by most major bus routes.
Do you enjoy the arts, photography, the theatre or just want to make friends and socialise?
Ponds Hill Community Centre is the well established home of Gedling Borough Arts Association. There is a great selection of things to get involved in during the day and evening, ranging from the Arnold Arts Society Art Classes, Arnold Photographic Society, Magdala Opera and Prospect Players Amateur Dramatics to name but a few. You could also try your hand at a bit of magic with The Guild of Magicians.
For more information on what is available please contact John Williams, Chairman of Gedling Borough Arts Association on 0115 958 2999.
The community centres offer lots of opportunities to get active, meet friends or both! Whether its swing into shape, tea dances or indoor bowls, there is something for everyone.
Westdale Lane Community Centre
- Sequence dancing - Monday 12.45pm-3.45pm
Pond Hills Lane Community Centre
- Swing into Shape - Monday 7pm-8.30pm
- Arnold WI - First Tuesday of month 7pm-10pm
- Age UK - Monday 9am-2pm
Killisick Community Centre
- Autumn Club - Tuesday 8.30am-11am
- Yoga - Wednesday 6.30pm-7.30pm
Arnold Hill Community Centre
- Indoor Bowls - Monday 10am-5pm, Wednesday 10am-2.45pm
- Social Dance - Friday 8pm-10pm
The Brickyard Community Centre
- African Caribbean Elders - Friday - Contact Lawrence Quirk (Gedling CVS) on 0115 926 6750
- Yoga - Tuesday 7.15pm-8.30pm
Haywood Road Community Centre
- For more information on activities and booking contact John Tanner on 0115 960 2614
For more information about activities at your local community centre call 0115 901 3701